Sunday, July 3, 2011

Shiso Tree (2nd Visit)

Date: June 2011
Location: Unit 1 - 3160 Steeles Ave E, Markham, ON L3R 3Y2

I can't believe I haven't update my blog for such a long period of time. I guess I was getting too lazy.
This time I am going to talk about a restaurant which I have visited before - Shiso Tree. I have been visiting this restaurant regularly  and their quality of food are getting better and better. When they first started there weren't  lot of selections on the menu. However that has been changed. Their menu has 3 different sections: Wafu (Japanese style spaghetti), Cream and Tomato sauce based spaghetti.  As many of you may have notice, Shiso Tree only serve spaghetti and you can't find any other pastas. This time C.C. ordered Spaghettial nero di seppia on the menu of the month and I ordered Creamy Bacon Carbonara. We paid $7 extra to add the pasta set which includes soup of the day and a piece of cake. 

House Salad
greens with tomato in a soy sauce and sesame based dressing.
This is a very fresh and tasty salad. Soy sauce and sesame are a good combo.
Soup of the day - Mushroom Soup
A very freshly blended mushroom soup without lot of cream.
Shiso tree's soup is a must try.

Creamy Bacon Carbonara
I tried their spinach soup before and as always freshly blended. 
This is a big hit.  A very creamy dish yet I didn't have the gluey feeling in my month.
I tasted the egg yolk, cheese, and bacon combined together well. 
The garlic bread is very crispy on the side but warm and soft in the middle. ~$11

Spaghettial nero di seppia 
Spaghetti in squid ink sauce with clam and calamari. 
This is a special dish which is on the monthly menu. I wish they can include it in the regular menu.
This is my first time trying the squid ink spaghetti. Tell you the truth I can't really tasted the "ink".
The taste of the sea came from the clam and calamari which were cooked to perfection.
None of the seafood have the "rubber" texture. The spicy sauce just tied the whole dish together. $15

Lemon mousse cake
light creamy mousse cake with a hint of lemon taste.

 Mango & Strawberry cream cake
The fruits are fresh with the light cream. Not too sweet. Perfect for after dinner dessert.

0 comments:

Post a Comment