Thursday, December 31, 2009

Aoyama Sushi Restaurant

Date: Feb 2009
Location:  2766 Victoria Park Avenue, North York, ON M2J 4A8

Finally it is my term to treat my C.C. with good quality of food. This time we visited Aoyama Sushi Restaurant on my C.C.'s b-day. We heard that they have the Omakase menu which comes in two different prices and we ordered the $60 one. Unlike Sushi Kaji, there were no menu for Omakase, so I have no ideas of what we will be served. Beside the waitress did not speak English very well, so I had no ideas of what I was having. Aoyama Omakase is great but it is nothing you can compare with Sushi Kaji. However it is much cheaper so I shouldn't be too critical. Their sashimi were fresh and the salad were tasty. Black sesame ice-cream was a big hit for the night. I love it so much that I tired to find Asian Supermarket, however I have no sucess so far. 


Seaweed salad with real crab meats
The dark green seaweed is called Wakame, and the red one is Hijiki


Some kind of sashimi with tiny tiny bit of mentaiko明太子
The sauce tasted like some kind of vinaigrette


Sashimi
First time to try gold fake and they have no taste at all


Lobster Tail


Tempura
It comes with diced white radish, which makes the tempura more tastey 


Soup in a tea pot


Sushi
I just love the shrimp, uni and unknow fatty fish in the middle


Black sesame ice-cream
It tasted very good compared with the regular white black sesame ice-cream


Fruits and Konnyaku



0 comments:

Post a Comment