Thursday, December 31, 2009

Eight Wine Bar


Date: July 2008
Location: 8 Colborne Street, Toronto, ON M5E 1E1
Website: eightwinebar.com

Eight Wine Bar is a restaurant located on a small street near the concern of Yonge and King. There is a bar in front of the restaurant and the kitchen is located in the basement. Therefore, the waiter has to walk up and down the stair to deliver meals. This is the third restaurant we tried during summerlicious and I have a very satisfying meal. It exceeded my expectations for a $25 menu. I got some nice bread with chick pea source after I placed my order. The bread tasted softer then its look. However service took forever, the bread bucket sat on the table just before I had my dessert. I also waited for ~30min before I got my main.



Hot House Tomato Gazpacho with Crab Salad
Cold Chilled Gazpacho which has different layer of flavours


Cured Salmon Gravlax Timbale with Avocado and sweet Corn Relish, Carrot Ginger Vinaigrette
Salmon and Avocado is my favorite combination, there is nothing better than this


Grilled Flat Iron Steak with Potato Hash and Seared Pork Belly, Summer Vegetables and Green Peppercorn Sauce
The steak was very tender and it even tasted better with the green peppercorn sauce. Excellent dish!


Pan Seared Halibut, Grain Mustard Spaeztle, Poached Asparagus and Maple Soy Butter
It was my first encounter with Spätzle and I love it. It tasted like pan fried rice roll - 煎腸粉. The Halibut was tasty and the asparagus were better then the one I cooked


Vanilla Crème Brulee with Chocolate and Coconut Biscotti
Creamy Vanilla Creme Brulee very rich in Vanilla flavour. I love the Chocolate and Coconut Biscotti too


Passionfruit Sorbet with Macerated Strawberries
Good Sorbet! Nice and chilled


0 comments:

Post a Comment