Thursday, December 31, 2009

Auberge du Pommier

Date: July 2008
Location: 4150 Yonge Street Toronto, ON M2P 2C6
Website: www.oliverbonacini.com

Auberge du Pommier is a very beautiful French restaurant for fine dining. I heard their food are excellent so I decide to try their Summerlicious menu with my C.C. Their dinner set dinner is $35 per person. I was very disappointed with the food. They were too salty, and dry. The desserts were not impressing as well. However, the presentation of the dishes was beautiful. I may try Auberge du Pommier regular menu. I guess their regular menu should be more tasteful then the Summerlicious one.


Bread with Olive, and Artichoke sauce

 
Potage of Heirloom Tomato & Melon with marinated bay scallops and lemon balm
The plate is very big but the soup is not enough for a small fish to swim in.
The only surprise is the soup is cold.


Tournedos de Boeuf
seared beef tenderloin with glazed pearl onions, Ontario mushrooms and creamy pommes


Poulet Roti
roast chicken with rustic Provencal bread salad, olive tapanade and golden pepper velouté


Rhubarb Consommé
Bonacini farm rhubarb nage with marinated Ontario strawberries and crispy lavender meringue

It is not a good dessert, I found it too sour, feel like I was having a soup again


Chocolat
pavé of chocolate crème with cocoa crumble, white maple syrup
and birch beer foam

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment