Thursday, December 31, 2009

Ematei

Date: May 2009
Location: 30 Saint Patrick Street Toronto, ON M5T 3A3

Ematei is a tradiational Japanese izakaya 居酒屋 restaurant underneath a condo apartment in downtown Toronto. I passed by this restaurant many times but never went in once because I worreid that it is another pricey restaurant. After I did some research online, I found out Ematei is operated by Japanese for many years. Their menu contains lot of traditional Jap food and most importantly, it has a $45 Omakase menu. As a result, my C.C. wanted to celebrate my b-day at Ematei (My C.C. is treating me again).

For the price of $45, I found the Omakase was totally worth the money. Most of the dishes were cooked food 煮物 and it only had 2 dishes of sashimi and sushi. The tempura dishes were pretty amazing because they were fishes not shrimp. We side order a drink, and two toriyaki.


Tamago Tofu 玉子豆腐


Marinated Fried Fishes


Sashimi


Vegetable Nimono


Nasudengaku, Cod fish, Bacon roll, Shrimp
grilled eggplant with sweet miso paste


Fish Tempura


Sushi


Soba


Dessert


Cassis Oolong


Toriyaki - Chicken Gizzard


Toriyaki - Chicken Skin


Cute little tooth stick holder



0 comments:

Post a Comment