Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ding Tai Fung Shanghai Restaurant 鼎泰豐

Date: January 2010
Location: 3235 Hwy 7 E Unit #18B, Markham, ON L3R 3P3

My C.C. and I were working busy til 8:00pm tonight so we decide to have dinner together. We chose 鼎泰豐 - Ding Tai Fung Shanghai Restaurant. For those who are not familiar about Shanghai Cuisine, here is the link for explanation. I had visit 鼎泰豐 Ding Tai Fung many times and I found their food to be okay. Their 蟹粉小籠包 Steam Crab Meat and Pork Dumpling are one of the best in town and it is also my favorite. However their other dishes are average depending on what you order. I am not very happy with my meal as I had try better dishes from this restaurant before. In terms of pricing, it is not expensive the whole meal only  cost $25 including tax and gratuities. The dumpling cost ~$7.99, noodle ~$6.5, and the beef roll is ~$5.49.

 蟹粉小籠包 Steam Crab Meat and Pork Dumpling
One order comes with 6 dumpling
The outer layers of the dumpling is very thin. you can see the soup waggly around 


The dumplings are very juicy but a bit oily too
All the crab meat is in the middle of the dumpling


炸醬麵 Noodles mixed in broad-bean sauce
  Surprisingly they use beef instead of pork which most other Shanghai Cuisine used
I don't found this noodle as tasty as I though because it is not spicy enough and the beef are too dry


牛肉卷 Beef Roll
Their beef roll is average and the whole dish is too dry
I feel the beef is not marinated enough as compare with Asian Legend
It has lot of raw green onion which I don't like



0 comments:

Post a Comment