Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Inatei 稻亭

Date: Jan 1010
Location: 9021 Leslie St., Unit 7&8, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 0B2

I read some good reviews for Inatei Japenese Cuisine and I finally get to try out their food. They have a lunch menu with sushi, sashimi, bento, ramen which comes with miso shop, salad and dessert. My C.C. and I order a chirashi ($12.99) and a tonkatsu + sushi bento ($13.99).

The overall quality of the food are great as fishes were fresh and fatty. Their menu is a bit more expensive than the others. However,  fishes were fresh and tasteful so it is worth the price. For example, the shiitake mushrooms which came with the chirashi were marinated just right and not too salty. That's tell me the chef paid attention to all the ingredients in a dishes. This is also the reason why I love their food.

However, I overheard the next table said their sea weed was not crispy. I didn't order any sushi myself so I could not compare. Their cheese cake dessert was extremely delicious. The owner said they hire a chef to make desserts everyday with are different everyday. On the day of my visit, they prepared Tofu and Avocardo cheese cake.

I asked the waiter and he mentioned that Inatei offers Omakase with a base price of $60 and it is subject to change based on the seasonal ingredients. It must be reserved one day in advance so the chef can select and prepare the perfect meal.

Miso soup & Salad
Their salad was made from finely chopped cabbage which tasted like coleslaw


Chirashi
Great selection of different fishy: salmon, tuna, saba & saba with yellow fish eggs, hamachi, buri, shrimp, octopus, real crab meat, eggs and marinated shiitake mushroom
The rice was flavourfuI. I found it a bit too soft but C.C. said it was alright

 
松 Matsu Bento
Tonkatsu was crispy yet not dry and the orange was sweet


The salmon was fatty and tuna is very fishy unlike those from other restaurant


The salmon ongiris has the right texture and not salty. Excellent!


Tofu Cheese Cake
Very yummy cheese cake with a sponge like bottom


Beautiful design and good for large party




 

1 comments:

鵪鶉[二號] said...

那些甜品真的沒有在中心明菜吃過啊﹐改天要去試試﹐謝謝你的貼士!但暫時來說﹐希望下一站吃的是Guu Izakaya!

Post a Comment