Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ruelo Patisserie

Date: January 2010
Location: 550 Highway 7 East, Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3Z4
Website: www.ruelo.com

I always want to find a pastry store which sell macrons in the uptown area. Luckly, I found Ruelo Patisserie and their macrons are delicious. From now on, I don't have to travel all the way to mid-town when I have a craving for macrons. The store is operated by Chinese yet the chef was studied in France. Ruelo Patisserie also features afternoon high tea for $9.99 per person. Their high tea tray has three different layers with sandwiches, tea biscuits and some sweets. After I found out about their afternoon high tea, I immediately reserved a table and brought my C.C. with me to try it out. Originally, I thought each of us will receive a high tea tray but it turned out only one tray is served for the two of us. I found that to be a bit pricey.

The sandwiches were very refreshing . My favorite sandwiches is the smoke salmon sandwiches with a tiny bit of lemon on it. Their tea biscuits were crispy, however the blueberry jam they served is not homemade and it was from a jar. I was a bit disappointed with the jam. I enjoyed their sweet the most. Creme brulee and macrons are the best after all. We also side ordered a blueberry cheesecake and some extra macrons. Out of all the macrons, my favorite one is  wasabi grapefurit. On my first bite, I tasted wasabi then the flavour of grapefurit slowly came out. These two different flavours was balanced very well together.

Raspberry Green Tea
The tea pot has a button on the lid. When pressed, tea will passed through the filter into the pot


Jasmine Flower Tea


High tea tray for two people
 This is not enough for two people and it is a bit pricey


First layer
Smoke salmon and ham & egg salad sandwiches


Second layer
Tea biscuits with butter and blueberry jam


Third layer
Mini creme brulee and my favorite walnut macrons


Side Orders
Blueberry cheesecake & wasabi grapefruit macrons


Caramel macron (too sweet) and Ruelo macron (chocolate hazelnut fillings)


0 comments:

Post a Comment