Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Old Curiosity Tea Shop (2nd visit)

Date: January 2010
Location: 91 Main Street Markham North Markham, ON L3P 1X7
Website: www.cuppa.ca
 
I just love the Old Curiosity Tea Shop so much that I revisited it again. We almost didn't get a table as we didn't reserve. This place was packed with customers again,, so I guess I better reserved a table next time. For this visit, I ordered from their regular menu and ordered the Steak, steak and kidney pie and baked beans & Shepherd's Pie. These two dishes are cooked fresh as we order them and it usually takes approx 20-25min. 

We also order 2 pots of tea. Their teas are truely excellent and the finest I have even encounter. It is only $3.85/pot which is cheaper than a lot of bubble tea. This time we ordered their Ice Wine tea and Prince of Wales tea. The Ice Wine tea has a sweet aroma while the Prince of Wales has a strong earthy scent.

The Old Curiosity Tea Shop is now open most Sunday from 11:00 until 4:00 which features their special menu e.g. Quiche, and Battenburg cake which is not found on the regular menu. I guess I will visit the store again later on a Sunday afternoon.

Side Salad with English Salad Cream imported from England
The English salad cream tasted like the sauce in fillet-o-fish
The waiter mention a Canadian version of the cream can be found in Loblaw

Steak, steak and kidney pie and baked beans
 Chunks of meat in gravy with a flaky top crust with imported English baked beans
The baked beans tasted a lot better than those from a can
Chunks of meat are delicious and not dry at all

Shepherd's pie
Delicious mince beef with vegetables, topped with creamy mashed potatoes
I love the crusted mashed potatoes very delicious
The fillings were hot and the last bite was still warm

Ice Wine Tea 
Ice Wine tea is a blend of black tea with an unique sweet taste
It is good to drink alone or with milk and sugar

Prince of Wales Tea
 A Royal blend of black tea and the owner added in some green tea leafs
It tastes best with mike and sugar because of its complex flavour

Tableware
Strainer used to separate tea leafs

A teapot and a beautiful tea cup for lady because I can use my little fingers to hold the cup

Milk Container

Forks and Beautiful Napkin

Decorations in the shop
Beautiful tea ports on the wall

Wallpapers are elegant

Fireplace with tableware for sale on top

I love the roses on the beam and beautiful molding on the ceiling

That's the table I want to sit in front of the window

0 comments:

Post a Comment